Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Anyone tried drying limes?

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
> I'm the happy recipient of about 3 dozen limes from a friend who just
> returned from New Orleans. She suggested using my dehydrator to dry some
> (actually most) of them so we can use them in Middle Eastern recipes. The
> dehydrator manual mentions nothing about drying citrus fruit. Anyone have
> any tips?

On Sep 20, 12:45 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" >
wrote:
> I'm the happy recipient of about 3 dozen limes from a friend who just
> returned from New Orleans. She suggested using my dehydrator to dry some
> (actually most) of them so we can use them in Middle Eastern recipes. The
> dehydrator manual mentions nothing about drying citrus fruit. Anyone have
> any tips?

Search <dehydrating and citrus>

http://seasoned.com/Article/1841

I would dehydrate the cirus peel separately... actually I would make
glac� lime peel... plain old dried lime peel hasn't much culinary use,
if any. Juice the limes and freeze the juice to use for various
beverages, etc., then candy the peel.

http://www.astray.com/recipes/?show=Glace'%20fruit%2C%20and%20fruit%20syrup