Posted to rec.food.cooking
JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] is offline

Default Anyone tried drying limes?

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>> I'm the happy recipient of about 3 dozen limes from a friend who just
>> returned from New Orleans. She suggested using my dehydrator to dry some
>> (actually most) of them so we can use them in Middle Eastern recipes. The
>> dehydrator manual mentions nothing about drying citrus fruit. Anyone have
>> any tips?

> Slice crosswise and they dehydrate just fine. I've tried before it with
> tangerines.
>
> Bob

There's next to nothing on the web about this. I did find a picture at wiki
with the caption "Blanched limes drying in the sun". I'm familiar with the
reasons for blanching vegetables before freezing. Did you blanch the limes
you dried?