Old 15-09-2008, 04:36 PM posted to alt.food.wine
Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] is offline

Default 2005 Willi Schaefer Auslese Graacher Domprobst AP#10

In article
,
"Bi!!" wrote:

On Sep 14, 8:25?pm, Lawrence Leichtman wrote:
In article
,

?"Bi!!" wrote:
On Sep 11, 4:04?pm, Lawrence Leichtman wrote:
In article
,

?"Bi!!" wrote:
On Sep 11, 1:22?pm, DaleW wrote:
On Sep 11, 11:57 am, "Bi!!" wrote:

I was rummaging around my cellar last night and came across six
bottles of 2005 Willi Schaefer Auslese Graacher Dombprobst AP#10
so I
popped it in the fridge for about 30 minutes and popped the cork.
Wow! I don't drink many Germany wines and certainly not a many
Mosel
wines but this was a wine that I just couldn't stop drinking.
Floral
notes on the nose with a bit of fresh peach. The wine was very
smooth
and creamy on the palate with ripe apples, cinnamon, caramel and
squeeze of lime. Brilliant. "A" on the Dale scale.

Sounds great. I love Willi S, but mostly buy a bit cheaper,
kabinetts
and spatlesen.

I bought these in private sell from a guy who needed to liquidate his
cellar to get cash. ?I paid $40/bottle for the six bottles along with
about 3 mixed cases of different stuff. ?I just checked the price
online and was shocked to see prices close to $80.

Wow $40 for that. I never luck into deals that good.- Hide quoted text
-

It's amazing what the IRS can do!

Was the IRS the motivation to sell?- Hide quoted text -

Yes. The tax bill had to be paid and he had to raise money quickly
from qhat I understand. Probably not the first time that somwone has
sold off their collection at a loss to pay off a tax debt and
personally I'd rather give the wine away than have Uncle Sam seize it
and have it languish in a 100F warehouse for ten years while they sort
things out.

I never seem to luck into these things. Good job hunting or was it a
friend?