Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd[_3_] Terry Pulliam Burd[_3_] is offline

Default Restaurant Reviews?

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 11:19:11 -0500, Sky >
fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:

>If someone really wants to know the inside scoop about a particular
>restaurant's conditions and kitchen sanitation (or lack thereof), check
>out the health inspection reports. However in the USA, it depends on
>the state, county, & city/township laws and regulations. In most cases,
>restaurant inspection reports (and other establishments like grocery
>stores) are a matter of public record, but sometimes it takes effort of
>the part of the 'curious' in that a 'freedom of information' form may
>need to be completed in order to get the report from the local health
>department. In some communities, the health inspection reports are
>posted in an obvious location for the patrons to see at will.

The difference county-to-county in CA is easy to point to: in LA
County, for instance, the Dept. of Health Services issues each
restaurant a letter grade that is to be prominently posted. In
contiguous Orange County, there is no way that I know about to
discover how a restaurant rates with the health dept. without actually
checking with the health dept. in advance.

Personally, since I can't do much about, enjoy eating out several
times a month and have only gotten food poisoning twice in my life
(one of those times was in the first class section of a Virgin
Atlantic flight from LAX to Heathrow), I'm just going to stick my
fingers in my ears and sing "la la la la la."

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

-- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"