Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sqwertz Sqwertz is offline

Default Restaurant Reviews?

John Kane > wrote:

> On Sep 14, 12:52*pm, Kathleen > wrote:
>> My teenaged daughter's first job was with McDonald's. *Her manager was
>> more than a little creepy so she sought employment elsewhere. *She was
>> hired at KennelWood, a dog boarding and training facility, and gave two
>> weeks notice at McD's, which I had insisted on as being a responsible
>> employee.
>>
>> When she told her manager she would be leaving he said, "So you'd rather
>> pick up dog shit than work here?" *She told him, in her own inimitable
>> fashion, "Yup", and he fired her on the spot. *So thanks ever so much,
>> "Mike" for teaching my daughter this important life lesson: *Sheer
>> douchebaggery trumps responsibility every time.

> I hope she got her two weeks severance pay.

Most states ate are employment at will. Her only recourse was to
try and collect unemployment, which wouldn't have paid much and she
probably didn't have time to accrue the necessary benefits.

I would have at least taken a complaint it to corporate HQ. A hint
of sexual harassment would have gotten her two weeks pay.

-sw