Old 29-10-2003, 06:00 AM
Thomas Mooney

Default Commercial Smokers?

Scott Purdie wrote in message
ink.net...
Hello all. I've been a lurker for a while...

Anyway, I'm looking for different commercial grade smokers. I've

considered
building one, but that just doesn't seem feasible. Going to all my

favorite
local bbq joints, there seem to be a variety of commercial smokers
available -- at least I'm assuming they're commercial units and not
high-tech homemade ones.

If you know of any companies that make smokers for restaurants, please

post
here.

Thanks.

-Scott

Back on June 22nd 2003, Dave Bugg posted a long message about a road trip he
had taken. Part of the road trip was to shop for commercial pits for the Q
joint he's going to open. In that message
(http://makeashorterlink.com/?T42612E56) he mentions Southern Pride and Ole
Hickory as being the two best. Another poster gave you a link to Southern
Pride's site. Here's a link to Ole Hickory's:

http://www.olehickorypits.com/

Perhaps worth noting: Ole Hickory is the one that Dave settled on. That
endorsement should be worth something.

--
TFM3

Note: Spam-resistant e-mail address