jdoe

Default Weber vs. BeefEater...any thoughts?

Not really. I have an old Genesis II which I've updated to new style
flavorizer bars, (stainless) in the larger single angle and layer. Stainless
front, and grates. It is a fantastic grilling machine now. Whether hot and
fast or low and slow it floors me how much difference in how it works. Don't
know anything about the beefeater. but seems pretty nice. FWIW look on the
weber site, or check Amazon.com. I've seen some real nice deals there even
on the summits. BTW I don't think Weber makes the Mica anymore either.
Larry
"Pheare" > wrote in message
.. .
> "jdoe" > wrote in news:jOfnb.44172$HS4.184941@attbi_s01:
>
> > IS the cdn dollar devalued that badly that a $500 grill can cost $1000
> > cdn? Larry

> Nope it isn't. It is actually at about a 10 year high when compared to

the
> american dollar (which the prices on that site are not reflecting).
>
> I am assuming you were talking about the mica b (if you know of where i

can
> find the beefeater for $500usd, please post a link). I didn't realize the
> price diff. was that much. Doing a straight exchange - $500us = about

$655
> cdn.
>
> Mind you the weber on that site includes a cover, porcelain coated cast
> iron grills and some fancy schmancy halogen light lid handle. Still not
> enough to make up that sort of price diff.
>
> Perhaps I will look at shipping something in. Though, I'm sure by the

time