Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default Rip-offs buying larger/bulk packages?

"Omelet" > wrote

> Anyone noted lately that the price per lb./oz./piece is HIGHER for
> larger/bulk packages most of the time any more at the grossery store?

I've only noticed it now and then, not most of the time.
Once in a blue moon the price of a larger package is
cheaper than the smaller ... like $3 for the 10 ounce package
or $2 for the 20 ounce. Crazy.

Whatever is the cheaper per unit is usually what I buy.
I agree that they don't always make sense.

Think back, they didn't used to post those unit prices, people
had to figure it out in their head. You could hurt yourself
doing all that math. Heh.

nancy