Posted to rec.food.cooking
saerah gray saerah gray is offline

Default Rip-offs buying larger/bulk packages?

Omelet > fnord newsmpomelet-3EC07C.11471313092008
@news.giganews.com:

> Anyone noted lately that the price per lb./oz./piece is HIGHER for
> larger/bulk packages most of the time any more at the grossery store?
>
> I'm glad I watch for that...
>
> It's common now for produce and dry goods. The only place it's not
> applicable is in the meat section where things are sold _by_ per lb.
> weight.

I have noticed this, too. The only time I *buy* large packages, though,
is "family packs" of meat at the mom and pop grocery down the street,
and that's only because the price per lb is cheap . For rice and
pasta, I generally get stuff at Aldi, or buy the store brand of the
whole grain variety at Meijer, both of which only come in one size.
--
Saerah

"Welcome to Usenet, Biatch! Adapt or haul ass!"
- some hillbilly from FL