Pheare

Default Weber vs. BeefEater...any thoughts?

"jdoe" > wrote in news:jOfnb.44172$HS4.184941@attbi_s01:

> IS the cdn dollar devalued that badly that a $500 grill can cost $1000
> cdn? Larry

Nope it isn't. It is actually at about a 10 year high when compared to the
american dollar (which the prices on that site are not reflecting).

I am assuming you were talking about the mica b (if you know of where i can
find the beefeater for $500usd, please post a link). I didn't realize the
price diff. was that much. Doing a straight exchange - $500us = about $655
cdn.

Mind you the weber on that site includes a cover, porcelain coated cast
iron grills and some fancy schmancy halogen light lid handle. Still not
enough to make up that sort of price diff.

Perhaps I will look at shipping something in. Though, I'm sure by the time
I pay for shipping to Canada and brokerage fees I won't be a whole lot
better off than the $950cdn.

Any opinions on one over the other?

Darren