Posted to rec.food.cooking
TammyM[_2_] TammyM[_2_] is offline

Default Dinner last night: Pork Tenderloin and a sweet potato/apple/greens side dish

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:07:32 -0700, "TammyM" >
> wrote:
>

>>Sweet potatoes, apples, and braising greens Epicurious | November 2007

> This sounds very good to me. I was in the Mexican mercado this
> morning after work, and found that they had a huge pile of sweet
> potatoes... I think they were the new crop. Sure looked good, and I
> got several.
>
> Now to find the right apples... I am keeping my eyes open for
> winesaps at the local farmers markets..

I used a granny smith and a gala. I liked the combo and Michael did too -
although he's more of a "eat to live" guy and all this over-analyzing of
food is very new to him and he's still fearful that I'm going to be upset if
he doesn't like something. I keep telling him "if you don't like the dish
and you don't tell me what you really think, yer gonna get it again. Just
be gentle with me :-)". But we both loved this dish and the pork tenderloin
dish in combination . What's not to love? Pork, apples, sweet potatoes and
bitter greens? Match made in heaven.

TammM