Old 11-09-2008, 09:04 PM posted to alt.food.wine
Salil Salil is offline

Default 2005 Willi Schaefer Auslese Graacher Domprobst AP#10

On Sep 11, 11:57 pm, "Bi!!" wrote:
I was rummaging around my cellar last night and came across six
bottles of 2005 Willi Schaefer Auslese Graacher Dombprobst AP#10 so I
popped it in the fridge for about 30 minutes and popped the cork.
Wow! I don't drink many Germany wines and certainly not a many Mosel
wines but this was a wine that I just couldn't stop drinking. Floral
notes on the nose with a bit of fresh peach. The wine was very smooth
and creamy on the palate with ripe apples, cinnamon, caramel and a
squeeze of lime. Brilliant. "A" on the Dale scale.

Schaefer is amazing. I've only had a few of his wines (they're not
that cheap normally, and very hard to find) - but every bottle I've
opened has led to a mindblowing experience.