Old 11-09-2008, 09:04 PM posted to alt.food.wine
Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] is offline

Default 2005 Willi Schaefer Auslese Graacher Domprobst AP#10

In article
,
"Bi!!" wrote:

On Sep 11, 1:22?pm, DaleW wrote:
On Sep 11, 11:57 am, "Bi!!" wrote:

I was rummaging around my cellar last night and came across six
bottles of 2005 Willi Schaefer Auslese Graacher Dombprobst AP#10 so I
popped it in the fridge for about 30 minutes and popped the cork.
Wow! I don't drink many Germany wines and certainly not a many Mosel
wines but this was a wine that I just couldn't stop drinking. Floral
notes on the nose with a bit of fresh peach. The wine was very smooth
and creamy on the palate with ripe apples, cinnamon, caramel and a
squeeze of lime. Brilliant. "A" on the Dale scale.

Sounds great. I love Willi S, but mostly buy a bit cheaper, kabinetts
and spatlesen.

I bought these in private sell from a guy who needed to liquidate his
cellar to get cash. I paid $40/bottle for the six bottles along with
about 3 mixed cases of different stuff. I just checked the price
online and was shocked to see prices close to $80.

Wow $40 for that. I never luck into deals that good.