Posted to rec.food.cooking
TammyM TammyM is offline

Default Dinner last night: Pork Tenderloin and a sweet potato/apple/greens side dish

Was wonderful! I think I went slightly overboard with the cayenne pepper in
the pork dish as it definitely set the tongue to tingling but it was
absolutely delicious. And the sweet potato dish (recipe below) paired very
nicely with it. We each had a glass of Michael-David's "7 Deadly Zins" wine
with this meal.

Sauteed Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Warm Spices and Raisins in Wine
Vinegar Pan Sauce (Cook's Illustrated, September, 1997)
http://www.cooksillustrated.com/reci...recipeids=1491 (I'm pretty sure
this is free content). I added 1 tablespoon-ish of butter and about 2
tablespoons heavy cream. I didn't tell the boyo. A smidge of sat fat ain't
gonna kill that man whose metabolism is supercharged anyway.

This dish pairs beautifully with:

Sweet potatoes, apples, and braising greens Epicurious | November 2007

Traci Des Jardins
Jardinière

This recipe was created by chef Traci Des Jardins of San Francisco's
Jardinière. It's part of a special menu she created for Epicurious's
Wine.Dine.Donate program.

Makes 10 servings

4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut lengthwise into quarters, then
cut crosswise into 1/8-inch slices
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus 3 tablespoons melted
1 tablespoon fine sea salt
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
3 medium baking apples, such as Sierra Beauty or Granny Smith, peeled,
cored, and cut into quarters
6 cups loosely packed braising greens such as kale, chard, or collard
greens, stems removed and torn into 2-inch strips
1/4 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped

*My addition:
toasted walnut halves

Preheat oven to 400°F.

On foil-lined baking sheet, toss potato slices with 3 tablespoons
melted butter, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Bake until cooked
through and slightly caramelized, about 20 minutes. Keep warm.

In heavy medium skillet over moderate heat, melt 3 tablespoons butter.
Add apples and sauté until tender and golden brown, about 15 minutes. Keep
warm.

In heavy large pot over moderate heat, combine remaining 2 tablespoons
butter and 3 tablespoons water. Add greens and sauté, stirring occasionally,
until wilted, about 5 minutes. Lower heat to moderately low and add sweet
potatoes and apples.