Posted to rec.food.equipment
pltrgyst[_1_] pltrgyst[_1_] is offline

Default (sharing)A great kitchen appliance

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 07:12:57 +0100, moscow >
wrote:

>> Pretty much worthless in the US, though -- no induction product that
>> produces
>> full power from 110 v.a.c., if it works at all.

>Hi, larry
>That online store is selling induction cook top which can work under
>110V,the power will reach 1500W, I think it is enough .

Not when I visited it yesterday, or again this very minute -- they offered six
induction hobs, none of which had any stated power at 110 - 120 vac, specifying
only running at ~300 watts "under 110v."

Power and heat devices do not have switching power supplies, which can maintain
output over a broad range of input voltages. This latter statement leads one to
suspect that they won't be running at much -- if any -- more than 300 watts or
so at exactly 110v.

In the best case, since they're claimed to have maximum outputs of 1800 - 2000
watts at 220-240 vac, one would expect half that, or 900-1000 watts, at 110-120.

Sorry, but if they don't publish an accurate specification for 110-120 vac, only
a fool would waste the money on one.

-- Larry