Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Yoriko's onion ramen soup

anon aka wrote:
> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>> Cheri wrote:
>>> On Sep 10, 1:28 pm, Janet Wilder

>>> Actually, my husband who eats it is *very* healthy, not overweight at
>>> all, great BP etc, and non-diabetic. Myself, I don't eat them. Anon
>>> uses insulin, so it's probably not a problem for him either.
>>>
>>> Cheri
>>>

>> My DH uses insulin, too, but he also watches his carb intake. 63 grams of
>> carbs would be quite a bolus. An entire meal is, at most, 35 grams.
>>
>> --
>> Janet Wilder
>> Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
>> Good Friends. Good Life

> The two brands of ramen available in my area both have 50 net carbs per
> package. They have 52g carb and 2g fiber. I don't know what brand has 63.

I use the USDA SR20 for nutrition information. We don't net out any
fiber less than 5 grams per serving. We've had several Diabetes
educators and that seems to be the way they do it. The only diet that
I'm aware of that nets out less than 5 grams of carbs (and sugar
alcohols at 100%) is Atkins.

We'll stick to homemade soups with better nutritional values.