Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pennyaline[_7_] Pennyaline[_7_] is offline

Default Nothing Bundt Cakes

wrote:
> On Sep 10, 6:53�pm, Pennyaline > wrote:
>> Has anyone tried the products this chain store "bakery" sells? One of
>> their stores just opened up nearby and advertises heavily on local
>> radio. It got me curious so I went to their website.
>>
>> The product seems limited to fairly ordinary pound cake-based bundts,
>> inexplicably decorated with heavy icings. I mean, heavy and thick icing
>> and loads of it.
>>
>> Evidently the chain is successful, and the cakes are gimmicky. But
>> before I say anymore to denigrate the product I'll ask if there is
>> anyone here that has experience with it.
>>
>> <frankly, the website images of these cakes with their nearly
>> stand-alone icing don't do much for my appetite>

> They're a little pricey. I went through their online ordering link
> and they want $29.95 for a 8" decorated bundt cake or $39.95 for a 10"
> decorated bundt cake. I would not pay that much for a dang bundt cake.

I could just go buy one and see for myself, but it's more entertaining
to read the reviews on the company's own and a few other websites. I
realize that I'm dealing with a population that by and large thinks
Krispy Kreme is at the zenith of doughnuthood and not coincidentally
couldn't recognize a hole in the ground, making it difficult to believe
that these products are truly light and sumptuous and delicious and just
like mother used to make. Especially not with those tarantulas
straddling them. It is a most disquieting effect.