Buzz1

Default Outers Electric Smoker?

"Tank" > wrote in message
> I did not get any instructions with this unit. The box says it can
> be used for "smoking and curing". Is this more of a cold-smoker
> than a cooker? Is this smoking for preservation and flavor, rather
> than cooking and flavor as in larger smokers such as an ECB?
> I am hoping to use this for deep smoking of fish and cheeese,
> as well as perhaps slices of beef tongue, etc. Christmas being
> right around the corner, I am thinking of home-made treats as
> gifts.
>
> Any ideas as to where I can get a user manual, or some guidance
> on using this? I did a Google search, but did not find any real
> references to Outers. Have they gone out of business?

Think outers is long gone but sounds real similiar to the electric smokers
made by Luhr-Jensen--little chief etc. just finished making a bunch of
chipotles in mine(which I bought at a garage sale w/o intructions), also
smokes garlic very well!! Should work great fopr jerky too--just gotta wait
for a sale on rump roasts!

Buzz