Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural
dh@. dh@. is offline

Default The pureness of Dutch's selfishness is a restrictive mental disorder

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 19:09:45 GMT, Dutch > wrote:

>dh@. wrote:

>>Rupert wrote:

>>>Toby Ord has given me some resources to look at in the field of
>>>axiology;

>> I've given you some resources to look at in the fields of
>>reality.

>ROTFLMAO!!

I've suggested that you think about the animals as well but
also point out that the purity of your selfishness won't allow you
to consider the animals at all, much less go and see how life
could be of value to them or anything else to do with consideration
OF THEM.

>>Go out and look at some cattle, and think about what
>>it would be like to be each individual animals, every minute of
>>every day, week after week, month after month...

>"If I didn't eat burgers, animals like this wouldn't
>exist."

There's a lot more to it than that, but being as purely selfish
as you are that's as far as you're able to go with it in the direction
of the animals, which is nowhere at all really. The purity of your
own selfishness is a mental disorder which prevents you from
considering the animals, and of course thereby prevents you from
being able to consider whether or not different practices are cruel
TO THEM.

>>That's the
>>only way you can really get any idea what we're really talking
>>about, but you'll probably never do it.
>>
>>>I will do some reading

>> Have some first hand observation and maybe some
>>interaction. It can teach you things no amount of reading
>>will be able to.

>Logic of the Larder - circular sophism

Considering the animals is a necessary part of considering
the animals. Lying to yourself that it's not is some form of
insanity, and likely to be associated with more than one.
Duh.