Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default malay cuisines.

blake wrote on Sun, 07 Sep 2008 14:54:10 GMT:

>> Jean wrote on Sun, 07 Sep 2008 09:41:20 -0400:

>>> I don't suppose you have a connection to that site.... Why
>>> don't you post some recipes here if you want us to try them?

>> Better yet, find a Malay restaurant if you can. Even if the
>> menu seems a Thai-Vietnam- Indonesian fusion, the food can be
>> delicious.

> where do you go, james? i've been to mandelay once since it
> moved from college park, but that's burmese, i think.

The Penang on Bethesda Avenue (in Bethesda of course!) is quite good.
They deliver in a small area but they will take orders from me on the
phone and have the food ready in 10-15 minutes. It takes that long for
me to get there. I believe they have another branch in DC.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland