Darryl L. Pierce

Default Bread machine parts Braided bread [was: Bread Machine?]

Sheryl Rosen wrote:

> I love my Toastmaster.
>
> Kohl's department store has them for under $30 for Christmas.
>
> Simple to use, not terrifically big...nice recipes in the owners manual.
>
> Can't help with spare parts, haven't needed any yet.

My Toastmaster is about 3-4 years old and has a very sqeaky kneading paddle.
I called Toastmaster to buy a replacement, and they said I would have to
replace the entire loaf pan at $60, but they could sell me a new bread
machine for $59.99.

I'm hoping my wife gets me a new bread machine for <$30. Otherwise, I'm
buying one after the holidays.

Speaking of bread, I made a load of braided herb bread the other day to have
with soup. I've never made a braided loaf before, so it was interesting.
But, my problem was that I could *not* roll out the dough. It just kept
sliding across the island rather than rolling. Any suggestions?

--
Darryl L. Pierce >
Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce>