Harry Demidavicius

Default WSM in Winter

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:36:20 -0500, "Jack Sloan" >
wrote:

>"bbq" > wrote in message
>>

>> Thomas Mooney wrote:
>> > Any tips on running a WSM in cold weather? I suspect that our

>temperatures
>> > here in Minnesota even rival Harry D.'s up in Calgary. Lookin' for any
>> > advice I can get.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > --
>> > TFM3

>Do any of you flowerpot cookers have any probs when it gets cold like that?
>Jack( with the GrillDome in gulf coast country)

Wind & temperature affect will not materially a K's performance.

The only problem with ceramics is the cool down stage. One is better
to let the coals burn down to zilch with all vents open when the temps
are below freezing as opposed to "shutting it down". This prevents
condensation forming ice in the top of the dome. That will kill a K
and likely the other brands too.

Harry