David Ha

Default Help getting a Kamado to Canada

Got all the landscaping done and the new patio is finally ready for a #7K.
I live in Ottawa, Canada, 4 hours from Toronto. Called the company and was
quoted $413US for Conway to ship to Toronto (Scarborough to be more precise)
in 5 days. Went to Conway's web site and got a similar quote.

I found the shipping charge just too much to digest, especially when the K
is going for $739US. Someone from Toronto got his #7K shipped for $230US
(don't know how long ago)! Not sure why the $180US difference now.

I thought Kamado has distribution center in New Jersey, where I hope to get
my K shipped from there to reduce cost. But the company says it has to ship
from Sacramento.

Any ideas on how I can save on the shipping charge is appreciated. But if
this is the only way to go, I think I may bite the bullet and cry once only,
as the K is just too good to pass.

thanks in advance,
/David.