Kevin S. Wilson

Default Own Reasons

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 04:45:19 -0700, "doyle" > wrote:

>"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 19:53:12 -0700, "doyle" > wrote:
>>

>> >"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
>> .. .

>> >I simply made a statement.

>> A statement with no logical relation to the statement that follows?
>> How odd.
>>
>> My dog has a cold nose. Snowmobiles are a problem in Yellowstone.
>>
>> If you choose to respond to that, I'll just say that I simply made a
>> statement.

>> >Suppose you tell me.

>> Extensive knowledge of ethics and the study thereof, for starters. But
>> you're the one who proclaimed her unqualified, so you take it from
>> there.

>Who's ethics? Isn't that something that varies by culture?

The study of ethics is an academic disicipline, and yes it does
include multiple cultures. I would find an ethicist much more
persuasive from the standpoint of qualifications than I would Alice
Walker. But to dismiss her as unqualified to speak on the subject of
ethics because she is a "feminist writer" strikes me as an
unsupportable position.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho