Old 20-10-2003, 03:46 PM
Jason

Default Tabasco Wood Chips

"21Twelve" wrote in message news:[email protected]
As Mr. Schidt implied, it's a marketing gimmick...I picked some up cheap on
closeout. I couldn't tell any difference between them and regular oak (I
think they're oak) chips.

I concur, sadly and wholeheartedly.

It just makes sense that it would work as described. I mean, this wood
has been in contact with an extremely flavorful and strong substance
for years. Yet, I could tell no difference whatsoever between Tabasco
and regular oak chips.

I guess it also makes sense that the process of burning removes all of
that flavor or those flavors just don't make the "smoke to meat"
transition, too.

Get them, but don't pay any more than regular oak chips for them.