JM

Default Make charcoal in a Kamado?

I use a baking tin with a perforated foil cover on my Charbroil gas grill. I
"cook" the hickory chunks on the lowest setting and depending on the size of
the chunk, it will be fully charcoaled in about 30 minutes. I save the
charcoal and either use it myself in a hibachi out the lake or give it away
to a friend who uses a charcoal fired smoker. Bread bags make a good
container. I use the bags whole wheat bread comes in, for some reason the
plastic is thicker and more durable.

John

"Monroe, of course..." > wrote in message
> In article . net>,
> "James Emanuel" > wrote:
>
> > has anyone tried this?
> >
> > It seems to me that you might be able to make a really hot wood fire,

maybe