Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee
Otto J. Makela Otto J. Makela is offline

Default Jura mechanism coffee maker hacking?

wrote:

> If you have the temp set on maximum with the machines own programing
> as you can on Jura not sure abut AEG. Then you might be able to
> increase the anmount of water dispenseed with the coffee which will
> also increase temp. you may also have to increase the strenth of the
> coffee to your taste. Or is it not possible to adjust anything on
> the AEG machine.

As far as I know, Electrolux/AEG has licenced the patents for the
mechanism from Jura. The only user-adjustable bits on my machine are
the grind coarseness and the water amount, but I'd be a bit surprised
if the water temperature wasn't also somehow adjustable, most likely
through a "hidden maintenance mode" -- thus I was asking if anyone has
"hacked" the settings.

I'll try adjusting the water to see if it makes a difference.

--
/* Phone: +358 40 765 5772, FAX: +358 42 7655772, ICBM: 60N 25E */