Old 31-08-2008, 12:21 AM posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Michael Plant Michael Plant is offline

Default The Sarah factor

On 08/30/2008 15:28:15 (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
Which brings to mind a big question... aren't a lot of the big tea
growing regions in Georgia actually in the Abkhazian region? With the
current political crisis there, how is tea production being affected?

I have had a couple very nice teas from the area, and I think they deserve
more attention. They don't seem to have much of an export market.
--scott

Scott, I think Nigel of Nothing But Tea had a major part in Georgian tea development and production. He also sells some excellent examples through his site, nice full leaf red teas, for example. I drank one this morning, and will drink another later today. I hope Nigel is at hand to answer your excellent question.
Michael