Old 16-10-2003, 04:23 AM
butch burton

Default Brisket Recipe

snip

Like I said, though, cook low and slow, fat towards the fire, until the
internal temp reaches about 199. The particular rub isn't as important as
the technique. But the "Dizzy Pig" Cow Lick" was excellent. For those of
you that frequent other forums, that's Nature Boy's rub.

BOB

Smoke my brisket fat side up and it works very well because of the
full set of baffles in the beast-smoke and heat come down from above.
Very tasty and juicy. I would suggest making your own rubs-most of
them contain way too much sugar and salt. Great recipes in the
faq-and blending your own spices is kinda cool. Grind some of my
spices in a whirly bird/blade grinder.

Will probably smoke a 10#+ brisket and a 20#+ ham on Friday-just
finishing up insulating my offset smoker with fiberglass-will see how
that goes.