Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dave W Dave W is offline

Default Unexpected Kitchen Expense :(

In article >,
"Michael \"Dog3\"" > wrote:

> Dave W > news:dwesten-8C7F77.06421428082008
> @news.west.cox.net: in rec.food.cooking
>

> > Your more than welcome. Oh, and yes, I love the Ozarks (though the
> > population here in north west Arkansas is growing out of control).

> My mother used to have a condo on the lake. She sold it because no one
> used it but Steven and I. A few years ago my brother bought a condo there.
> He still has it but it sits there unless I'm using it. I like it during
> off season when it is quiet. It's beautiful when the tourists have gone
> home.
>
> Michael

Yes, the Ozark lakes are great. I presume your mom and brother were on
Lake of the Ozarks. The SO and I drove through there a couple of summers
ago and then wandered along the Missouri river toward St. Louis through
the wine country (the Missouri Weinstraße? (Well we passed a bunch of
vineyards ... in very pretty territory.) Ended our tour in St. Louis,
shopped at Viviano's, and headed home.

I moved to Fayetteville in the mid '70s to teach at the university.
Figured I'd head back home to Ohio when I retired. Well 3 1/2 years ago
I gave my last lecture and I'm still here. I know now that I'll never
leave this place. (When will I learn never to say never?)

Regards,
Dave W.