chinchinmix chinchinmix is offline
Member

Hello. We were absolutely delighted when we spotted packs of Dorset Naga Chillies on Tesco shelves the other day.

However something is terribly wrong. They just don't have any heat! My husband and I love hot chillies and grow our own chillies in the greenhouse each year. It is always a challenge to grow really nice hot ones and we've so been looking forward to cooking with (and munching on) Dorset Nagas. We can't seem to manage to grow that variety.

The packet of Dorset Naga we have just used (bought at Tesco) really doesn't have any heat (nor at the moment do Tesco's Scotch Bonnet chillies). In fact to be honest the little green birdseyes have more heat than the Nagas they are selling. I just don't understand how they can sell chillies under the name of Dorset Nagas when they are clearly not very hot.

What do you think is going on? Has anyone else on this forum experience the same thing or is it just me?

Yvonne