Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default Unexpected Kitchen Expense :(

"Goomba" > wrote

> Not sure if accepting cast off appliances as a "tip" is encouraged?

I know what you're saying, Goomba. I've been in situations like
that where I'm not sure calling someone's boss is a wise idea.

>All
> I know is we were happy not to have to pay someone to haul it off and
> dispose of it. I have so much in my garage and driveway needing
> disposal. What a PITA.

I hear ya, I can't just put stuff like that at the curb. I have to deal
with it, and hiring people to haul it is not cheap. I always mention
if (whatever) is still working, maybe someone would like it. Last
year the tv delivery guy was thrilled to get a big tv that still works,
and I was happy it got a new home.

Don't get me wrong, the appliance store took the old stuff
anyway, but I have on occasion been left with things.

One thing I did a couple of times was rent a truck, one of those
$19.95 a day deals that's really about $50 and get rid of a bunch
of stuff at the recycle center/wherever they take stuff in your
town. Maybe you could do that, clean out your garage.

nancy