Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sqwertz Sqwertz is offline

Default Unexpected Kitchen Expense :(

Goomba > wrote:

> The kitchen is coming along nicely, thanks
>
> Except...While the electricians and gas line guy were here last week my
> husband mentioned that we were disposing of the old range. He asked if
> any of them needed a working gas range? Yeah, apparently one would take
> it off our hands.
> My fancy new range is now in and I went looking for my broiling pans and
> other assorted baking sheets and pans that I stored in the bottom oven
> drawer....I'm dying to get up and cooking again.
>
> Uh oh....
>
> Damn. Hubby forgot to empty the drawer out in the old range before they
> took it!! ALL my good baking sheets, 2 steamer baskets and jelly roll
> pans gone!
> I would have though thunk that the guy taking the stove home might have
> realized we didn't mean for ALL of it to go?? <sigh>

I've scored so many excellent baking sheets and pans this way.

People buy these things and stash them under the stove, only to be
forgotten about. The cleaners never look down there.

Somebody left a 1/4lb+ of marijuana in the apartment I moved into at
1999 Fountainview Court, Columbus OH (Reynoldsburgh) in 1996 - Along
with 2 Airbake half-sheet pans in that same drawer.

The marijuana was just so-so (considering I just moved from Northern
California) but I still have the Airbake sheet pans <cough>.

-sw