Old 27-08-2008, 12:34 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Kajikit[_2_] Kajikit[_2_] is offline

Default Unexpected Kitchen Expense :(

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 19:31:37 -0400, Goomba
wrote:

The kitchen is coming along nicely, thanks

Except...While the electricians and gas line guy were here last week my
husband mentioned that we were disposing of the old range. He asked if
any of them needed a working gas range? Yeah, apparently one would take
it off our hands.
My fancy new range is now in and I went looking for my broiling pans and
other assorted baking sheets and pans that I stored in the bottom oven
drawer....I'm dying to get up and cooking again.

Uh oh....

Damn. Hubby forgot to empty the drawer out in the old range before they
took it!! ALL my good baking sheets, 2 steamer baskets and jelly roll
pans gone!
I would have though thunk that the guy taking the stove home might have
realized we didn't mean for ALL of it to go?? sigh

He probably didn't even look... when our landlord gave us a new stove
(actually his old one but it was still nicer than the one that came
with the apartment), they tossed out our broiler pan and a couple of
cooling racks because I was storing them in the oven drawer... I
forgot they were in there until it was too late! Annoying too, because
the new oven didn't come with a broiler pan so now I don't have one.