Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kajikit[_2_] Kajikit[_2_] is offline

Default Unexpected Kitchen Expense :(

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 19:31:37 -0400, Goomba >
wrote:

>The kitchen is coming along nicely, thanks
>
>Except...While the electricians and gas line guy were here last week my
>husband mentioned that we were disposing of the old range. He asked if
>any of them needed a working gas range? Yeah, apparently one would take
>it off our hands.
>My fancy new range is now in and I went looking for my broiling pans and
>other assorted baking sheets and pans that I stored in the bottom oven
>drawer....I'm dying to get up and cooking again.
>
>Uh oh....
>
>Damn. Hubby forgot to empty the drawer out in the old range before they
>took it!! ALL my good baking sheets, 2 steamer baskets and jelly roll
>pans gone!
>I would have though thunk that the guy taking the stove home might have
>realized we didn't mean for ALL of it to go?? <sigh>

He probably didn't even look... when our landlord gave us a new stove
(actually his old one but it was still nicer than the one that came
with the apartment), they tossed out our broiler pan and a couple of
cooling racks because I was storing them in the oven drawer... I
forgot they were in there until it was too late! Annoying too, because
the new oven didn't come with a broiler pan so now I don't have one.