Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lynn from Fargo Lynn from Fargo is offline

Default Flour/woollie bugs/moths; was Fruit fly solutions?

> Sky wrote:
>
> > I think I read here on RFC that placing bay leaves in drawers, closets,
> > shelving, and such can help to keep those flour moths/woollie bugs at
> > bay (pun intended <g>). *I haven't tried this trick yet. *Does anyone
> > know for sure?

Go ahead and put the bay leaves in your canisters of anything floury,
Worked for me, You might notice a bay leaf smell to the flour but I
never minded it and I couldn't taste it at all, (but then I rarely
bake sweets).

Avoid refrigerating peaches - that's how they get mooshy and woody. I
used to taste the sample peaches in the store, pick them out soooooooo
carefully - making certain they smelled good and peachy. Then I'd
take them home and put them in the fridge. By the next day they'd be
inedible. Now I put them in a brown paper bag on the counter and every
one has been perfect! Learned that from Lynn Rosetto Casper on the
Splendid Table (NPR).

Lynn in Fargo
No longer refrigerating fruits including tomatoes