Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

Default Flour/woollie bugs/moths; was Fruit fly solutions?

merryb wrote:

> On Aug 22, 3:54 pm, Nina > wrote:
> >
> > Flour moths are even worse... I had those in my last house, and we
> > never completely got rid of them. (We had kind of a nasty selling
> > experience with that house, so part of me has this evil wish that they
> > are still tormenting the current owners.)
> >
> > Nina

> OMG! We had those, too. Little brown moths, right? We had a HELLUVA
> time getting rid of them. I finally got a pheromone thing that got
> them. I threw soooo much stuff out trying to get rid of them. You will
> never guess where they were - in a ziplock bag of white chocolate. It
> was disgusting- a bunch of moth wormy things.....ewwwwww!

I think I read here on RFC that placing bay leaves in drawers, closets,
shelving, and such can help to keep those flour moths/woollie bugs at
bay (pun intended <g>). I haven't tried this trick yet. Does anyone
know for sure?

Sky, who'll probably soon buy some bay leaves in bulk

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice