Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default Fruit fly solutions?

Julia Altshuler wrote:

> Would vacuuming the AIR do any good? Naturally, we're not big on
> poisons. Fly paper?

Nothing ever worked better for me than a glass of dry white
wine in a wine glass, just left out to sit. Worked better than
beer.

> It makes sense that they're outside, but what's bringing them inside?

One time I had a fruit fly infestation that didn't want to quit.
Eventually I found a bag of liquidized potatoes that had hidden
themselves in a cabinet. Once that disgusting mess was cleaned
up, problem solved.

If you have a continuing problem, they are still hatching somewhere,
I'm sorry to say. You need to find the source in your house.

nancy