Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Dick Adams[_4_] Dick Adams[_4_] is offline

Default What's wrong with "mother"

"Sam" > wrote in message news:mailman.7.1219242329.3240.rec.food.sourdough@ www.mountainbitwarrior.com...
> [ ... ]
> Well, your "Mother" got a hitch-hiker - some mold which can survive in
> that environment (sour, alcohol and what other critter poop is there).

Or maybe *leuconostock*, not a mold but a kind of lactobacteria.

Whenever I get one that just sits there and stinks, I just "Hmmm, looks
like leukonostoc again!"

It is important to know the names of things, even if you don't know what
ya's talkin' about. When you get good enough at it, you might even
run for political office, maybe even President, or even Chairman of the
Federal Reserve.

Oh, Sam, would you kindly quit referring to microbiological metabolic
products as "poop"?!!

--
Dicky