jdoe

Default propane vs coal grill question

Use some wood chips wrapped in foil and poke a couple small holes in it. Put
them on the heat substance i.e. flavorizer bars, ceramics etc. Have fun. BTW
when I blind taste test foods like steak, burgers, chicken (basically
anyhting cooked at high or not slow cooked most cannot tell the difference
between either my big MM grill or my genesis or charcoal (yes lump). Now if
I use standard briquettes anyone can tell as they leave a petroleum taste in
the food.
Larry
"tgodiver" > wrote in message
> I got a propane grill and it is not giving me the same flavor as a

charcoal