Rob

Default Question about offset smoker...

wrote in message >. ..
> Yes, it's made of aluminum flashing, and I tried several lengths. One
> about 1/3 the length of the cooking box works best for my particular
> Black Diamond. SHorter, and the heat is too concentrated at the
> firebox end. Longer, and the heat drops throughout the cookbox (and I
> can't figger that out, but it does).

I've got some flashing left over from extending the chimney down to
grate level.
Does your baffle completely cover the opening between the firebox and
the cookbox and then, run down along the bottom for the 1/3 length of
the cookbox?

Does grease slide off and down the cook box?

(something like this cross section view below)

`\
smoke box \ cook box
\
\

Rob
Q fer all so long as it's not parbolied ribs