Posted to rec.food.equipment
Dee Dee Dee Dee is offline

Default Downsizing toasters, a return to deeper bread holders or largertoaster bodies

On Aug 19, 8:18*am, Billy <Hereiam@hotmaildotcom> wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 18:06:13 -0700 (PDT), Dee Dee
>
> > wrote:
>
> >Was it expensive then -- say, 2 to 3x the amount of a regular toaster?

> Yes, it was expensive. * Should have made arrangements with Dualit for
> commissions, since everyone sees it and goes out and buys one. *
>
> Somewhere in the dim recesses of my rapidly aging brain, I remember
> reading that Queen Elizabeth uses this same toaster. If it's good
> enough for royal toast .........

Yeah, she would!
I used to buy cookies (and jams too, IIRC) that would have that royal
symbol on it. At the time I believe I bought them at World Market, or
Cost someother-or-other, when one couldn't find European goods. I
think you will see them in regular supermarkets now.

On Topic: Tupperware ;-))
I laugh now, that I've read that her husband has to have his
cornflakes (or other dried cereal) sitting to the side of his plate in
a Tupperware container. I can see she has great influence not only
on the masses, but at home, too.
In his own words, "Gastly," ;-))
Dee Dee