Posted to rec.food.equipment
Dee Dee Dee Dee is offline

Default Downsizing toasters, a return to deeper bread holders or largertoaster bodies

On Aug 18, 4:44*pm, pltrgyst > wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 06:49:16 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
> >Either the bread has gotten larger (which I doubt) or the toaster
> >manufactures have been downsizing the toasters over the years. I've
> >replace mine twice now and I still find part of the bread shows over
> >the toaster top and doesn't get toasted. In an age of conserving
> >energy, having to flip the bread around and toast it a second time
> >doesn't make 'cents'.

> True. It's a strong argument for a toaster/oven.
>
> Wonder if anyone in the world makes the old type of manual electric toaster any
> more -- shaped in profile like the letter "A", with a door on each side. We used
> to make the greatest toasted cheese sandwiches in ours when I was a kid....
>
> -- Larry

I believe I saw this type of toaster twice in the last ten-15 years;
as I recall, they were in a hotel restaurant, the kind of hotel
restaurant where you can make your own toast in the a.m. I'm sure
they'll come back in style someday :-))

Dee Dee