Posted to rec.food.equipment
pltrgyst[_1_] pltrgyst[_1_] is offline

Default Downsizing toasters, a return to deeper bread holders or larger toaster bodies

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 06:49:16 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

>Either the bread has gotten larger (which I doubt) or the toaster
>manufactures have been downsizing the toasters over the years. I've
>replace mine twice now and I still find part of the bread shows over
>the toaster top and doesn't get toasted. In an age of conserving
>energy, having to flip the bread around and toast it a second time
>doesn't make 'cents'.

True. It's a strong argument for a toaster/oven.

Wonder if anyone in the world makes the old type of manual electric toaster any
more -- shaped in profile like the letter "A", with a door on each side. We used
to make the greatest toasted cheese sandwiches in ours when I was a kid...

-- Larry