Default Question about offset smoker...

On 29 Sep 2003 13:05:31 -0700, (butch burton)
wrote:

> Did you put a horizontal
>baffle under the meat racks-really disperses the heat on SnP.

Yes, it's made of aluminum flashing, and I tried several lengths. One
about 1/3 the length of the cooking box works best for my particular
Black Diamond. SHorter, and the heat is too concentrated at the
firebox end. Longer, and the heat drops throughout the cookbox (and I
can't figger that out, but it does).
With just the two of us, and both of us on the South Beach Diet (very
similar to Atkins), I don't need to cook often, and the NBBD can
easily handle several shoulders at once, and be pretty good at having
all be done at about the same time. This, of course, cuts the cost of
the lump really nicely.
The vacuum bagger and chest freezer are definitely needed doing things
this way!

--
Bill
Replace "g" with "a"