rick etter

Default Dangers of vegetarian/vegan diets and importans of animal foods for children

"John Coleman" > wrote in message
> Rick>
> > I don't know that he used any tatic at all.

> He did, I pointed it out, and now he has done it again!
>
> > I do know however that *you* used a site that only wanted rubes to buy
> > books.

> No, if you read into it a little you will see that the mother there has 4
> kids all vegan (I think they use honey), but they use no supplements. I

have
> heard other reports of 2nd and 3rd generation life vegans who don't touch
> supplements - I suspect they grow their own produce in their own

nightsoil.

> > But not on a 'natural' diet. There is nothing natural about

suppliments.

> Supplements are not essential. B12 may be obtained from faeces or dirt,

but
> we choose not to eat that - animal products are not the only source of

B12.

> > What's been agreed on by experts is that a vegan cannot get his b12
> > naturally for plant material. Unless of course those foods have been
> > unnaturally fortified.

> Animals don't make B12, it is synthesised only by bacteria. These live
> inside the animals guts.
>
> > What the proof is that the longest living groups of people in the world

> are
> > not vegan.

> There are no mortality studies on vegans so nothing to compare with. The
> Okinawans have the greatest average longevity I believe, but meat is only

> small part of their diet.

====================
Then that makes them non-vegan you ignorant dolt. You can't argue about the
amount.

Populations that eat large amounts of animal
> products don't have the greatest longevity. However, longevity is not an
> indicator of quality of life. It is however, not a specific aim of vegans

> live longer, rather to reduce animal exploitation and suffering. In fact
> dying sooner would probably help that greatly!

===============
LOL Then why do you use a site that is all about promoting vegan as
healthy? You really are a hoot! You can't claim it both ways, dolt.
But the 2nd part of your claim is also false. You prove that with each and
every one of your ineane posts to usenet. Vegans have no real desire to
reduce their impact on animals. As I just said, you all prove that with
each post. You follow only a simple rule for your simple mind, 'eat no
meat.'

> > Too bad you don't have any proof of the rest of vegan claims like

'saving'
> > more animals.

> I'm not sure vegans claim to save more animals, just to reduce some of the
> suffering inherent in farming and lifestock slaughter.

=================
LOL The truth fainally comes out. It's not about killing animals, it's
only about the hatred you have for those that kill different animals than
you do. Way to go, killer.

The key ethic for
> veganism is actually non-exploitation - veganism is basically about animal
> liberation, not how many animals are killed.

====================
ROTFLMAO What's more exploitive of an animals than to kill it for your
convenience and entertainment? You realy really are just too stupid for
this, hypocrite.

Modern meat production is
> inherently toxic and destructive,

======================
No more so than modern mono-culture crop production.

so I would imagine worse than veganism in
> terms of total animals killed. Eating some bugs out the yard or bagging a
> rabbit would save more lives than eating commerical meat I guess, and
> probably more than eating a commercial vegan diet. But if you grew all

your
> own plant foods, then I think that would save the most animal lives.

Yet you, nor anyother usenet vegan here even comes close to terying to grow
their own. It's all about your selfish convenience and hatred of others.