Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Default SPICE MIX

On Aug 13, 12:19*pm, "<RJ>" > wrote:
> While paging through the Penzey's Spice catalog,
> I notice more and more "spice mixes" .
>
> I have all the basic spices, and it seems dumb
> to buy a "mix" that I might only use occasionally.

Then only buy the mixes you will use frequently.

> Is there a web site that provides the recipe/formula
> for making your own spice mix ?
> ( ie; *adobo, Krakow night, Italian herb, etc )

Not that I know of. If you need guidelines for where to start, you'll
just have to google "Krakow night", "herbes des Provence", and so on.
Then use your own tastes to decide on final proportions. If you're
well organized you can write your mix down so as to duplicate it
later.

Not a helpful response, but it gives me the opportunity to put in the
address for the definitive website on spices and herbs, where you can
learn about each component of your mixes: http://www.uni-graz.at/~katzer/engl
-aem