Posted to rec.food.cooking
merryb merryb is offline

Default SPICE MIX

On Aug 13, 12:19*pm, "<RJ>" > wrote:
> While paging through the Penzey's Spice catalog,
> I notice more and more "spice mixes" .
>
> I have all the basic spices, and it seems dumb
> to buy a "mix" that I might only use occasionally.
>
> Is there a web site that provides the recipe/formula
> for making your own spice mix ?
> ( ie; *adobo, Krakow night, Italian herb, etc )

Why don't you look at the list of ingredients and go from there. I
think that ingredient lists start with whatever they use the most of,
and go down from there. I do that all the time. I have a container of
spices that I use for steak/burger seasoning. I put in salt, pepper,
granulated garlic, poultry seasoning, celery seed, and whatever else
floats my boat at the time. You just have to try and see what
proportions you like.