Posted to rec.food.baking
merryb merryb is offline

Default A real post about Baking!

Sorry, not much to say, but it's very disappointing to see all the
Spam here! So I will post about the last thing I baked- a Charlotte
Royale. I had family from Italy visiting this past weekend, and as
always, I am asked to bring a dessert when we have get-togethers. I
have not made one since I was in pastry school, so I was a little
anxious about how it would work out. Since there were about 15 people
expected, I decided to make 1 big one instead of 2. I filled my
roulades (2) with homemade raspberry jelly that my sis & I made a
couple of weeks ago, and then lined my biggest metal bowl with the
slices of cake. I filled it with a double recipe of chocolate
bavarian, but shoulda made 3x as it did not fill the bowl as much as I
had hoped for- oh well, too late now! All in all, it was pretty good,
and even had a bit leftover. Anyone here bake anything lately? Speak
up! Please, no spam in your recipe!!