Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
[email protected] Stevepppp@gmail.com is offline

Default Tap Water VS Bottled Water

On Aug 11, 2:23*pm, Derek > wrote:
rolled initiative

don't we all bro

> > You've sidestepped my point. I'm actually with you. My hope is for gas
> > free *($0/gallon) vehicles to be mass marketted. Driving the cost of
> > gas up is the means for this goal. And it is already working. More
> > people drive hybrids today. Car companies are finally getting around
> > to being motivated to explore the idea of cranking out gas free cars.

> And, in the process, they pollute more - just not around here.

B.S. propaganda. Electricity produces zero emmissions and nothing else
harmful to our environment. Should we ban electricity altogether??
Yike!

> Electric vehicle production creates more waste, and more toxic waste,
> than production of typical cars. The toxic production just tends to
> happen "over there" rather than in our back yards.

Propaganda. You can't be this stupid?

> I recognize that you've said "gas free," but I'm guessing you also
> mean "zero emission vehicles" which rules out diesel as well.

That's a lofty goal. Reduction is also helpful.

And yes even diesels will peter out eventually, time allowed for
technology to adance. Get out of the fifties bro. Do you believe in
technological advances?

> However,
> electric cars won't take off unless supercapacitors replace batteries
> so that the vehicle can be charged in the same amount of time it takes
> to top off a tank.

I didn't say gas-free today did I. We need to generate serious
motivation today. Higher gas prices forcing people into hybrids is
one.

> (I'd like to have a nice little diesel that runs on switch grass bio
> fuel, gets 70 miles to the gallon and is a lot of fun to drive,
> myself. VW's going that direction.)
>
> >> And I seriously doubt that the claim can be substantiated that
> >> schooners and tall ships will be able to replace existing fuel oil
> >> cargo ships to the point that prices don't skyrocket.

> > Cars. Not ships. One step at a time. Cars pollute our surroundings
> > about a zillion times more than ships.

> Depends on where you live.

Most of us live in cities. Don't know about you.

> Cargo ship in the LA/Long Beach area
> produce about as much pollution each day as an oil refinery.

Nope. Nice try. I've lived in LA for decades and you're wrong. Now in
the LB harbor
itself during busy hours you are right. There's plenty of air
pollution in non coastal cities and cities along the coast upwind from
the ocean. Many inland cities in China are grossly polluted .. not too
many land ships.

Auto emmisions are the main source of all air pollution simply due to
their numbers. Even factories pale in comparison. Ships are a joke in
comparison.

> But you're missing the point. If gasoline is $1000 a gallon, it will
> be because oil is similarly expensive. Now, if you want to mandate
> nuclear powered cargo ships...

No. I made the first point that the goal is to be gas free. You
continue to duck the issue.

> >> That gives you some H2 and some O. Now, where'd the N2, that makes up
> >> 78% of our atmosphere, come from?

> > Soil. Lava. God. Obviously one or more of these sources. Where else?
> > Where did anything come from?

> Speaking of side-stepping... (heh.)

No, that was just a response to a question you asked. What's your IQ?

> Beyond the ultimate source for matter in the universe, boiling H2O
> will not produce nitrogen. Neither will it produce free standing
> hydrogen or oxygen. Water hitting lava boils, it does not undergo
> electrolysis.

Jeeze, what happens to water when it is heated? It turns into air. So
what do you think when water hits lava, it freezes? Low IQ points
again.