Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick[_3_] Brick[_3_] is offline

Default A friend's new toy...(Anybody else have one of these yet?)

On 10-Aug-2008, =?iso-8859-1?B?VEZNrg==?= > wrote:

> "Chef Juke" > wrote in message
> > A friend of mine who is a recent convert to the passion, the glory
> > that is real barbecue, (and who has been pestering me for the last two
> > months for advice on all things barbecue) finally decided on the
> > barbecue he wanted to buy.
> >
> > I had loaned him my old WSM (which is now relegated to use when I am
> > travelling somewhere and want to cook as my Kamados do most of the
> > work around the house)
> >
> > At any rate, after much hand-wringing and research he finally decided
> > on the smoker he wanted to get.
> >
> > He just ordered a ProQ Excel 20 with a bunch of accessories
> >
> > http://www.probbq.co.uk/Excel.html
> >
> > Now, as I haven't been in the market for a new smoker, I haven't paid
> > all that much attention to any new stuff that's come along recently,
> > but this smoker seems to be the WSM equivalent to the Komodo-Kamado
> > line...in other words, someone came along, saw what one company was
> > doing, looked at the feedback and user requests for improvements and
> > then made their own version incorporating a lot of the things the
> > users wanted to see.
> >
> > Anybody else seen or used one of these yet?
> >
> > Impressions?

> Well, I'm very impressionable but that's a pretty dang kewlish looking
> cooker.
>
> Who was it who used to post here with the ECB x 2?
>
> TFM®

You be talking about the Mathew L. Martin. I believe he went on
to a WSM x2. Also he was renowned for his ability to pack
rediculous amounts of meat into his rig(s) at one time. Too bad
I lost my archive. I used to have pictures of all his rigs.
--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)